Design Concepts, a product design and innovation firm, is seeking a design champion and visionary to join our Industrial Design team in beautiful downtown Madison, WI.
We are looking for…
A designer who can work seamlessly within multidisciplinary design teams to create new product solutions and branded experiences that can grow our client’s business. To be successful, you must have a passion for making life better by design, excellent design visualization and storytelling skills, a mechanical aptitude, and a strong knowledge of the design and design thinking process.
We are especially fond of fast thinkers, insightful problem solvers, and effective communicators. As a designer here you must have a well-developed sense of form, function, and usability with a proficiency for exploring conceptual work using both 2D/3D physical and digital methods. As important, our designers must have an eye for the details including trends, brands, colors, materials, and finishes.
We are looking for talented, driven designer excited to take on any challenge, collaborate with others, and step out of their comfort zone to continually evolve their knowledge while envisioning new futures for our clients.
Ideally you will have…
- The confidence and skill to lead diverse design projects and excel at delighting clients
- Exceptional 2D visualization skills in concept exploration and storyboarding
- Familiarity with Sketchbook Pro (or other) and Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Hands-on experience creating physical mockups of different fidelity levels
- Experience in design for manufacturing, materials, and processes
- Proficiency translating design intent into 3D CAD geometry (SolidWorks, etc.)
- Outstanding photorealistic 3D rendering skills (Keyshot)
- Familiarity with digital user interface design and UX/UI
- Insatiable curiosity about the world around us and a passion for learning from it
- 6+ years of experience as an industrial designer
- Appreciation for all four seasons. Wisconsin offers exciting seasonal contrasts!
If you meet these requirements, we’d love to hear from you. Send the following info to the email below. Include Industrial Designer as the subject:
- Your portfolio or url (PDF <20mb)
- Your resume
- A brief introduction letter that includes a description of your favorite personal “design” moment.